To certify as a mentor for Hand in Hand Family Mentorship, all mentors are required to complete the following steps:
1. Fill out online Mentor Application
We need contact information, a photo, and some biographical information from you.
2. Submit a Background Check and fingerprints
Each mentor will need to print and fill out the Fingerprint Criminal Background Check Form.
- Under Requesting Person or Company: Hand in Hand Family Mentorship.
- Under Requester: Valerie McCauley
- Address: P.O Box 1715 Eagle ID, 83616.
- Phone number: 208-789-0778.
All mentors are required to get fingerprints done. Fingerprinting services are offered at 700 S. Stratford Dr., Suite 120, in Meridian. They are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, no appointments necessary. The fee is $10.00. This does not include the background-processing fee of $20. Drop off or mail in form, fingerprints, and check to the address on the form (which is the same place where you get the fingerprints done).
3. Submit two non-relative reference letters
As part of the application process, we need two reference letters from non-relatives. Please click the link below to send a request to your contacts.
4. Final interview
Once we have received the completed application, background check, and two reference letters, we will contact you to set up Zoom interview.
5. Begin online Mentor Training Course
Once you have been approved as a mentor, you can begin the online training course. Course Time: Approximately 2 hours.
6. Submit Confidentiality and Code of Ethics Agreement
Once you’ve been approved as a mentor, please submit a Confidentiality Code of Ethics Agreement.